Monday, March 2, 2009

A Wee Bit Late...Again.

Last year I ordered Tim's birthday presents online. And they came late. This year I ordered Tim's birthday presents online. And they came late. Hmm. It might have something to do with ordering them a week before/or week of his birthday. It's just that his birthday seems so close to Christmas that I'm finally adjusting to not freaking out about what I should buy him for Christmas that I don't see the end of February sneaking up so fast.

His presents came today and he got to open them. I was so excited/nervous about what I got him, I made him guess before he opened them. He was allowed to shake them and feel them all he wanted, he just couldn't open them till he guessed sufficiently. It was really fun to watch him try and guess and explain his guesses. I got him a pair of low top navy blue Converse, which he almost guessed spot on. If you know what type of box chucks come in, than that is a huge hint. He even guessed that they were low top, but he guessed red. I think that's because Erik (Tim's brother-in-law who lives in San Jose) has a pair of red low tops and Tim thought they were pretty awesome, buuut, he had specifically asked me for a pair of navy blue ones a few months ago.

His second present he couldn't guess much about, and this was the one that I was the most excited/nervous about. He could guess it was a book. He could guess that it wasn't a journal. He couldn't guess anything else.

This is what I got him:
For the past 15-20 minutes he's been flipping through the pages and every now and then exclaiming things like, "That is what Pirates looks like!" or "did you know that a lot of cool the coolest rides weren't a part of Disneyland till the 80's!" or "Indiana Jones was supposed to have the monorail go through it at some point, along with the Jungle Cruise in one corner, AND there was supposed to be a cart ride too. That would have been awesome! You could pretty much make a whole theme park Indiana Jones." and on and on.

But needless to say, after the week and a half of fretting, I think my shot in the dark birthday present is a success! Phew.

The book is, and I quote from Amazon, "an illustrated chronicle of the artistic development of the landmarks, attractions, and shows that constitute Disneyland. Conceptual materials, sketches, layout drawings, and paintings are meticulously reproduced with lavish production values in a beautiful large-format book that is destined to become a spectacular keepsakefor the Park's fans and art collectors everywhere." And it has little historical tid bits about each painting or sketch and the attraction itself.

So, yay me!

No comments: