Monday, May 4, 2009

Been a While

This is just an update before our upcoming update concerning Tim's facial hair...AKA Cinco De Mustache.

Let's see, our trip to Utah was great! We didn't get to do nearly everything we wanted to do, but we did a lot more than on other trips...I guess that just means we will have to come out again! We loved seeing family.

On our way home, we got in a car accident. My brother Tim was driving and long story short, unfortunately the car is totaled. The insurance is giving us $2,900.00 to find a new used vehicle and we're on the hunt for a 1994 Jeep Wrangler! We figure if we get to pick what type of car to get, let's steer clear of boring lame sedans and get something we'll actually enjoy. Especially since we'll be living next to the beach and we don't have kiddos, we figure it's the best time to have fun with our car choice!

So even though the accident was, uh, scary and financially no good, we saw so many blessings right off the bat.

First, no one was injured. Our brother Tim had some sore muscles and a bit of whiplash and I hit my knees on the dash pretty hard, they were all minor things that would go away with time. Since I have bad knees anyway, I was pretty used to it, and the pain has gone back to where it was so I'm extremely happy at how fast that healed.

Also, we were planning on getting Tim an Industrial Sewing Machine. It was our big goal and one of the biggest reasons to go out to Utah. Due to the fact that the sellers cell phone broke and he went out of town we couldn't get it. We were very annoyed. But we would have had that strapped to the top of our car. During the accident it would have died, broken our windshield (potentially hurting us), and caused a lot more damage to the truck in front of us.

The accident happened in Vegas where our friends Kyle and Suzanne live. They were able to pick us up within 15 minutes of us calling them, our car was towed to their grandparents place overnight, Suzanne was able to tend to our aches and pains, we spent the night at their house while we took care of the car, and they were able to stay away from work to drive us around the next day! It worked out so nice!

And, we didn't cause the accident, my brother did. I know this sounds mean, but it's actually a huge blessing. My parents insurance covered the car so our insurance wont go up and Tim's going on his mission soon for 2 years so he wont be on mom and dad's insurance so it wont go up on them, and soon after Tim gets back, he'll be accident free for 3 years so his insurance wont be as expensive.

There were even more blessings but I could go on and on. So, now as far as our car situation in concerned, all we have to do is find an awesome one for cheap. It's a bit of an intimidating process, but my parents are being very flexible with their cars so we're all sharing right now, which means we don't need to rush.

Right now the accident is taking up a lot of what we're doing, but both Tims are almost done with Cinco De Mustache and they're excited to be able to shave tomorrow. And Tim and I are doing something called "Every Day in May." So we're trying to be engaged in some sort of physical activity everyday. Day four and it's going great. We're going to bike ride again today.

2 comments:

Ally Schulkins said...

YAY! I'm glad I get to talk to you guys so often, because I knew most of this stuff and that means we're FRIENDS FOREVER
I'll work on our matching friendship bracelets.

Allison said...

YEA!!! And Tim and I will make our matching BFF t-shirts!