Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7 Months Later

I have been out of school for seven months now. I think this break has been good for me in a way. I was kinda schooled out. It happens to a lot of people I guess. I was tired of school, the same thing every semester, the same bureaucracy, the same ridiculous requirements, yada yada yada. For the first time in a long time now, I am actually really excited about school again! (I think part of that is because of the extra long break and the other part is because I am completely done with my lower division GE's!! I am on Junior standing too which rocks.)

I went and saw an adviser in my department (Recreation and Tourism Management) last Thursday. I couldn't see my major adviser (Recreational Therapy) because she has been out this summer due to hip surgery so I didn't get as much information about my major and requirements and such as I would have liked, but I got all the information I needed in order to start off this semester.

Yesterday I was finally allowed to sign up for my classes. I got almost everything I wanted. I have to take Anatomy at some point so I wanted to get it out of the way because it will be more difficult but the lab I wanted was taken. So I'm taking a Psychology class in it's place. I have to take it some time anyway. Here's my schedule:

Monday:
9:00-9:50 AM Kin 126A Strength Training (This is just an extra class I'd like to take in order to help me get into shape.)
4:00-6:45 PM RTM 204 Foundations of Therapeutic Recreation & Special Population (Essentially that means Intro to Rec Therapy. It's only on Monday so it's 2 hours and 45 minutes. I hope I can sit through it even though the class sounds cool.)

Tuesday and Thursday:
9:30-10:45 AM RTM 278 Recreation & Leisure in Contemporary Society (just another one of the classes I need to take. I'm pretty sure that it's just about rec and leisure and what that means nowadays. Actually, I could talk about that for hours so I should like the class. Don't judge me.)
12:30-1:45 PM PSY 310 Behavioral Disorders (I'm not sure how I feel about this class yet. I've taken psych classes before and they weren't the most interesting classes, but I would really love to know more about behavioral disorders. Honestly, I really don't feel like I know enough about them which makes them a little intimidating to me so this class all in all will probably be very beneficial.)
2:00-3:45 PM RTM 202/L Planning Programs & Events for the Recreational Experience (So in this class we actually plan an even that the entire department goes to along with family and friends. I am really looking forward to it because I love event planning! Tuesday is the lecture and Thrusday is the Lab.)

Wednesday:
9:00-9:50 AM Kin 126A Strength Training (Day two. Yay for working out with someone making sure I actually do it.)

Friday:
9:00-10:40 AM Kin 185A Tennis I (I've been wanting to take a tennis class ever since I started college. I was on the team in high school and was a decent player. I was number two singles in my junior year. I know I know. Anyway, I haven't ever been able to find a tennis class that fit my schedule, but this one actually does!)

So there's my schedule. Mainly afternoon classes which I actually do a lot better in which is weird. The two PE classes are expendable. If I'm not able to get enough work hours because of them I'll cut them out, but I'm pretty sure I'll be able to. I'm planning on getting a job on campus just because of convenience. I figure Mondays I'll have open for work between 10:30-3:30, Wednesdays 10:30-5/6:00, and Fridays 11:00/30-5/6:00. That should be good.

Now I just have to wait for another month and a half for school to start!! August 25th. It will be SO nice to be doing things again.

2 comments:

Ally Schulkins said...

I'm so excited for you! Those classes sound legitimately cool! Actually, except for the psych one, I'm in a psych class right now and it's the most boring non-legit crap I've can remember taking.

Sweet! I'm taking Beginning Ballet because I needed 1 credit and it fit in my schedule. I wish I could take a cool one like you.

Britt said...

Sounds like fun! I have to admit your classes sounds alot better then any of the classes I need to take. I am taking a Humanities class right now that is probably the funnest class I have ever taken. I mean we talk about the Arts, Music, Literature, and Film for about 2 1/2 hours (which is a tad bit on the long side)but what could be better? Plus we get credit for going out to museums and culture events. I mean come on, that rocks! But ya let me know how your classes go, sounds like a hoot!