My brother Tim was visiting us this past weekend so we decided to drop off our car at the mechanic on Saturday since we had him around to get us there and back. It's been making some sort of clunk noise when we accelerate and turn sharply left or right, theres been a rattling from the muffler when we drive around because we accidentally backed onto a curb in Beverly Hills, the speedometer doesn't work anymore, and there was something wrong with the master cylinder too.
We dropped it off, told him we probably would have to do this over several Saturdays and made off on our merry way of exploring a place called Stoney Point which has lots of cool trails and rocks to go climbing and bouldering on, if I had any gear...Anyhoo. So we had a fun time out playing but never heard anything from the mechanic. We called him around 3:30 and showed up at 6:30 because we never heard from him. Turns out they close up shop early on Saturdays.
We had to go with my brother back to Big Bear on Sunday so he could be to work Monday and turned right around and drove their car back to Northridge so Tim could be to work on Monday too. Our car is ready now but they close at 6 and I...uh...I can't drive a manual car....So the guy's parking it outside for us and we can pick it up around 7:30 tonight!
Now the catch is how do we get the car back to my parents. I'm sure Tim would prefer not too because I'm sure he is enjoying the air conditioning and the continuous stream of the radio for the whole drive...
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah, cars are just money pits. You pay to buy one, then you just have to keep dumping more money into them. Cars suck. We're having car trouble too, ours keeps overheating preventing me from using the AC in the 102 degree weather we've been having. Yuck. I hate summer.
That is a dilemma...hmmm...
Tim drives old car, you drive Impala to Big Bear (really boring, but it's not too far, right?). Then Tim drives home in old car!
Sorry, that's going to be boring. We might be able to help, too. :)
Only because you're helping us get out of a fiery doom. Our power's back, by the way.
I can't imagine Matt in a car without a/c...hehe...he would be a puddle in no time!
Post a Comment