Thursday, October 2, 2008

If You Don't Like Neil Diamond, You're Unamerican.

We just got back from seeing Mr. Neil Diamond LIVE in concert. It was SOO awesome! Let me try and sum it up for you:

Neil Diamond shirts
Posh wine-os
Hollywood Bowl
Hollywood sign visible just beyond the Hollywood Bowl stage
Subway Sandwiches
Gatorade
Was offered a Heineken
Neil Diamond!
"Thank you so much!"
Forever In Blue Jeans
Play Me
Fat Lady sat on my lap
Brooklyn Road
Fat Lady sang (the show did not end, believe it or not)
Pretty Amazing Grace
"Thank you so much"
Helicopter came and put a spotlight on the Hollywood sign for a while (although commonly shown in movies, the sign is not actually ever lit up)
Sweet Caroline
"Thank you so much"
Sweet Caroline verse again
So good, so good, so good
"Thank you so much"
Encore
We're Coming to America
"Thank you so much!"
Clapped and screamed for a while
Followed a guy who was 6'8" (he was wearing what looked to be man'pris, but I'm pretty sure they were just regular pants that he was too tall for)
Shuffled like sheep to the car
Got out and home pretty quickly
Found this quote online "He's the rocking rabbi of ecumenical pop"

He played a lot more songs than that but I can't remember them all and I'm too tired to think too hard about it. Even though we were the 4th row from the back, it was AMAZING! We had so much fun together singing and dancing and listening. It was by far one of the coolest things we have done in a long long time.

"Thank you so much."

8 comments:

Sue said...

Fantastic! And to actually be in the Hollywood Bowl....fantastic! And, in my mind's eye, the Hollywood sign is always lit up at night....disappointment. But glad they thought of having a helicopter shine a light on it for awhile....fantastic!

Allison said...

Actually the helicopter was there getting trespassers off the sign! So that was just an added convenience for us though

Britt said...

I am in a deire need for you to update your blog...help a girl out! (aka I am bored at work and always check your blog but nada new so ya sucks for me...fyi)

Anonymous said...

Neil who?? I see a picture of a rather elderly gentleman on this blog. Might this be the Neil to whom you refer? Is he strumming that guitar? Or is it a Photoshop item? Of course, at his apparent age, it's unlikely he can move his hand fast enough to . . . keep up.

It's Britt's fault that I can now leave comments. Heh heh.

Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britt said...

It's true, I did open pandora's box this time with showing Dad how to leave comments. I may soon regret this. To my joy though it seems like Dad has the same opinions on Neil "Who?" as I do, YEA! Thanks Dad!

Allison said...

Like I said. You're all unamerican.

Britt said...

Un-American? Is it un-American to like good music? Is it un-American to have good taste? If so then I guess I am un-American cause Neil "Who?" just ain't floating my boat! (hehe...I was just being silly, he's not bad just not that good either...glad you did have a good time though! Now isn't time for a new post? Also on a side note isn't it un-American to not know how to properly write un-American? Think about it.)