Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Afternoons

The only perk to having church at 9:00am is that we can take a nap when we get home. Although, if we had church a little later, would we really need a nap? If that's the case, is having to take a nap when you get home really a perk? Hmm, I think not. I'm not taking a nap this afternoon. I love naps, but then I wont be able to sleep and then I'll have a really hard time waking up. So here I am, Sunday afternoon, relaxing, fighting off sleep...with Tim snoozing away in the recliner.

After a couple weeks of being out of town or sick, we were finally able to make it back to our own ward today. (I made it with my Mom last Sunday, but both my dad and Tim were sick.) It was so nice! I teach the 10-11 year old's and they seem to have taken to me...and I like them a lot too! It's funny because none of us are super excited to be in the sharing time section of primary. They're ready to move on. But we have a lot of fun together and they ask a lot of really good questions. It keeps me thinking and I'm always impressed with them. I'm not going to lie, they do get crazy, but there's enough of a mutual respect that it works out. Anyway, I realized today how much I missed being able to teach them over the past couple weeks.

There has been a fire just a little north of us this weekend. Luckily we are not in danger. I guess it's been kinda freakish weather which isn't helping. The Santa Ana winds are blowing like crazy in all directions and it has been in the 90's the past several days. (Nothing says it's almost Thanksgiving like 90 degree weather..) Well, since it's been hot, we've been sleeping with our windows open, naturally. We woke up Saturday morning to the smell of the fire that had started earlier in the night. I don't know how our bedroom stayed clean, but when we came into the living room there was ash in a good 6 foot radius in our living room. The blankets, the couch, the recliner, and most of Tim's art corner had ash all over. This is our couch. We had a blanket that was kinda hanging over one side of it. Once we picked up the blanket to go shake it out outside, we were able to see how much soot got on our couch.
Here is my recently dusted window ledge. I can prove I just dusted it...I hadn't put the Pledge away yet, see!

So yea, it's been hot and windy and raining ash all weekend. Joyness.

As long as I'm uploading pictures I found one of when my brother came down and Tim cut his hair...He's going to love me for posting these, but hey, I couldn't call myself his sister if I didn't.His hair really did need to be cut. I'm pretty sure you could surf on that...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! Maybe it's just a phase.

Too bad I didn't take a picture of the finished product. For only having fabric scissors and Tim's electric shaver's trimmer attachment, Tim did an awesome job!

Also, I dyed my hair blonde.I love it. It's a lot of fun and it was really cool to do something different! Don't even talk to me about upkeep. I don't want to think about it yet. (And yes, that is clothes hanging off our bed...Don't judge us.)

This computer screen is making my eyes really really tired and Tim's still asleep...Maybe I'll go do something else...

3 comments:

Ally Schulkins said...

You hang clothes on your bed?!?! That's so gross.

We have later church and we take naps anyway...and then go to bed at 2. I shouldn't even be on the computer right now, I have a huge test tomorrow and I'm not ready!!

Britt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britt said...

You make me laugh Allie! Tim's status on facebook: "Tim Thelin's apartment smells like ash" makes WAY more sense now so that's good. That bites though how dusty everything got. It's like washing your car and then the next day it rains, or worse it's like a really bad storm where you end up with mud on your car? Wait does that make sense? I dunno...either way it bites.

Oh and love the pics of Tim and I love the hair! I think he should of just kept it long. I've always wanted to see one of the DeGriselles boys with long hair. (I don't think Aaron counts though, his hair just scares me...lol)