Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deck The Halls

School is over!!! I had a million group projects and two finals. The group projects I aced. One of the finals, Psychology, I don't know how bad I did on it, but no matter how bad I did, I know that I'll still pass the class! Although I am hoping for better than just passing, I'm looking for the B, B+ range...We'll see. My other final was for Intro to Rec Therapy and I feel like I did really well on that too and since I've received almost perfects on the rest of my assignments in my class, I'll probably have an A in the class. I was thinking about it, my first semester in college I did pretty good. My second I had some tough classes, an overloaded schedule and boy drama...It was my worst semester. Third semester, boy drama continued along with other social dramas and it was my first semester on my own but Tim and I were really good friends, I did ok. Fourth semester was the semester when Tim and I were dating and got engaged, lo and behold, my grades went up. Fifth semester was the first semester Tim and I were married and I did even better. And now I'm still doing even better. I'm kinda starting to think Tim has been a good influence on me...

Since the beginning of November I have been working on campus for the RTM department. They have a ton of supplies and stuff that is used for one of their classes. The class creates environments that are based off books that have been read to an elementary school all semester, so at the end of the semester the students get to go play in real life renditions of these books created by RTM students. Most of the students come from migrant families so this is a huge treat. They get to spend a couple hours running through real life stories. Anyway, they have accumulated a lot of stuff ranging from art supplies to kiddie pools to dress up clothes to tires to tons of toys...Three storage rooms full. It has been my job to go in twice a week and organize it as well as help the groups come up with ways to create their environments. I have also gotten pretty close with my Professor who set me up with this job, so instead of the regular 5.6 hours a week, she's letting me work over 20 hours this week. I know it's not a lot, but it is really really helpful. Only down side is that I'm all alone and these three rooms have gotten really boring over the past two months.

Also, Tim is finally leaving his job. This Friday is his last day! I sent an email to my side of the family explaining and as soon as I round up the Thelin's emails, they will get it too. If anyone else is interested in the details, let me know and I'll pass an email on to you too! (We learned from past employers reading MY blog that it's best to keep personal work things personal.)

Anyway, Friday is his and my last day of work. We are packing our bags (and by bags I mean apartment) and heading to Big Bear for the next semester. Tim and I will take several classes at the Victor Valley community college and we will work. The next semester Tim and I are moving to Long Beach to go to CSU Long Beach. They have my TR program and an amazing graphic design program for Tim. We are really excited! Did I mention that Long Beach is 15 minutes from Knotts Berry Farm and 25 from Disneyland? Not to mention, on a beach? Pretty much my dream come true!

On a Christmas note, I am completely done Christmas shopping! WOOO! Over the past year I have kept a super duper secret list hidden away where Tim can't find it. Everytime I think, or Tim mentions, something Tim would like, I write it down on the super duper secret list. So when Christmas came around I was pretty much able to walk right into each store and buy exactly what I wanted. Of course there was some price checking and a few things bought online, but I had my Christmas shopping for Tim done in one day. (By the way, if anyone has to buy anything at Amazon still, go through the thelins.org website. There's a little Amazon.com box there, if you start your search there, then Amazon.com will give a percentage of the money you spent back to Todd and Amy to help pay for the family website. Since you're already spending the money, you might as well, right?!) Anyway, so I'm done. All I have to do is wrap them all. And I have a week to do that.

Coming up: Tim and my last day, a weekend of yummy food in celebration, Disneyland on Monday, picking up Danielle and Aaron from the airport on our way to Big Bear on Tuesday, Christmas Eve (Thom, Sarah, Luke and Leona arrive) with lots of food and treats and Christmas movies, Christmas Day we'll have plenty of fun, nearing the end of the month we are heading out to Enterprise to visit with Tims family because CR (Tims brother who lives in Tennessee) and MarKays daughter Kamry is getting baptized so we're taking advantage of it to go see them and the rest of the family because it's half the distance as driving to SLC, come back on Jan 5th, pack our apartment, move it all to Big Bear by the 17th, go to Disneyland on the 20th with Mom Dad Matt and Britt, get jobs, and start school on the 12th of Feb. Phew. I think we can make it!

9 comments:

Ally Schulkins said...

I'm so excited and proud! I bet you did great in school, and I don't doubt that Tim will get in to CSULB. AND this is all really cool. I'm feeling pretty Christmasy
Anyway, what I really just want to say is YAY!

Danielle said...

Busy Busy, How fun. I can't wait to see you.

Allison said...

You know, it really throws me off when you sign as Dannie! All growing up you would kill anyone who called you that, even though I thought it was cute. But now you're signing as that!

And thanks Ally! You're awesome! When are we going to see you guys again?? We miss you!

Britt said...

YEA! Christmas! YEA! Can't wait to see you guys in a month!!

Ally Schulkins said...

We miss you, too! I'm not sure when we will see each other again. I guess we'll just have to plan on it and it'll happen!!

Danielle said...

I know, I still don't have many people call me that. I just have that as my email. It's just shorter than writing Danielle as my email.

Amelia said...

Holy Crap! Well that was, sudden. At least to me! I was still holding out hope that you'd somehow find your way here so Tim could go to the U. And live in our basement... Boo Hoo.

Britt said...

I hear you on the Utah thing, we are sad too :(

Unknown said...

Hey guys! We went private today. I sent an email to the only email that I have for Tim. If you don't get it send me your email and I'll add you. Missemm@gmail.com Hope your holidays were great!