Well, we are all moved and pretty much unpacked and all that. I don't know why I haven't posted seeing as I haven't had a ton else to do anyway. We are now living with my parents, staying in my old room. I don't think that fact has any effect on Timothy, but it's actually helping me out a little bit. This room is still very comfortable for me, so it helps with the fact that we don't have our own place because this room was at least my own place for a while. We managed to fit A TON of stuff into here. It's pretty ridiculous. Everyone doubted that it could be done when we told them our plans or when they saw us mid-unpacking, but we've actually done an excellent job. Tim has an amazing knack for organizing, far better than me, and I thought I was good at it.
In our room we have our four poster bed, a large Ikea bookcase (of course it's Ikea), my desk, Tim's art desk, two tupperware storage drawer things (super cheapo WalMart versions of dressers I guess), a tall DVD bookcase, our lovely grandfather clock, our laundry hamper, and then all our clothes and a bunch of other stuff to fill in the cracks. Oh yes, and of course Timothy has his pots and pans on a shelf in our closet and he does use those when he cooks. It's a little snug but it has a nice studio effect going on, it's growing on me.
Living with my parent's has been a little awkward at times, but I think I was far more scared than I should have been. They are respecting our space a lot more than I had feared. We do our thing and they do theirs, but we still get to see each other around dinner time. We've been having a lot of fun cooking for them.
I have a job now..Kinda sorta. I work 8 hours a week for a lady who is my brother Tim's friends mom doing payroll stuff. I've worked one day so far. She's nice. And pays in cash. It's kinda a bonus, end of every week she hands me the cash she owes me.
So since I'm only working 8 hours a week and we haven't found anything for Tim yet (not that we've been searching terribly hard even though we should) we have been able to spend a ton of time together. I've been loving it. Actually we have been spending almost every minute together since he quit on December 19th. Currenty to pass the time we have been reading to each other out of Harry Potter. I was sneaky. I wanted to reread them because I wanted to be reading something, but I didn't want to read something deep at all right now. I asked Timothy if he wanted to read them too and he said absolutely not, not at all interested. So he was at his art desk working on redoing a comic (he's really starting to get my character drawn so much better...I used to look like a mousey kid...now he's drawing it more realistically. You know, hot and bad-a**!)
As he was drawing I opened up the book and started reading in a very ridiculous British accent. I read the whole first chapter outloud. I continued silently reading the second chapter to myself. He stopped drawing and asked why I had stopped. I told him I thought he wasn't interested in reading them. He then said something to the effect that I could continue to read them outloud, so I did. Don't worry, I ditched the accent. Since then we have been alternating reading to each other. And the time is passing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay, what a sneaky plan! I would like to hear this ridiculous british accent but I think I heard it when you were Rose.
No actually, it was a different ridiculous british accent...more of a story teller one, like the one in Stranger Than Fiction...
I love it!! That is a good way to get him interested. I am glad you are enjoying yourself and wish I could take up some of your time. And I need to see a picture of the room
Me too on the picture comment!
Post a Comment