Sunday, August 16, 2009

Trip'N

So Allison's camera died a few months ago and we thought we could rely on our 2 megapixel camera phones for all of our camera needs... But then a miracle happened and financial aid mailed us a check, seeing as how school was paid for we decided that we should buy a camera for our anniversary with some of this money we didn't know we had. (I mean if we didn't know we had it and already planned accordingly for not having that money then its like some one just gave us the camera... right?) Anyway, enough of this introduction paragraph lets get to the real reason for this post. We have pictures to show, so lets show them, and then maybe some more of this talking business.

Here we are baking with Luke, he had wanted to make a Baked Alaska with us... I totally thought Baked Alaska was a fish dish, wow was I surprised. This is Allison and Luke Prepping.Here Luke and i are spreading the strawberry jam over the top of the sponge cake. A very serious step.Here is a picture testing out the super macro feature.Here is the finished Baked Alaska.Luke dressed himself for church which we thought looked very good.Leona is striking a pose for her Sunday best.Another test picture to try out my zoom and artzy quality, I think Scopher was posing for this.Apparently the kids love Rock Band, and Pete rocks out on the guitar while Scopher sings her heart out.Here I am with KickStand wailing on the drums... or somberly beating on them.


(Insert from Allison) Next are some of our anniversary pictures. We went to San Francisco for the day and just wondered around stores. We used to go on dates in San Francisco so, it was a nice time to revisit.Our first stop in The City was Blondies, an old time hot spot that I would eat at while going to school.This is us in Union Square, trying not to look like tourists. This is a macro shot of our dinner at Boudin's. Oh it was so good to eat there again and taste of its goodness.Allison.Me.(IFA: When we got back to Jody's house, they had s'mores all prepared for us mmmm). Oven roasted smores. So everyone says KickStand and I look alike but I don't see it.


(IFA) After our Bay Area tour we drove home via Billy and Ally's place in Santa Barbara. We spent the night with them and most of the next day. They took us to Solvang which is a Danish community close to Santa Barbara.Billy and Ally took us to go see some live ostriches in Solvang. (I had to read the sign to figure out how to spell ostrich.)Here they come running at us like a pack of wild devils.Not only did we look at them but we fed them too... I hate birds, and these were freaky deaky dutch. (IFA: he did so well.)Allison fed them too. (IFA: They actually were pretty scary to feed. You felt like they were coming in from all sides to eat you. It was really awesome though.)Now the emu's, they were a more gentle and kind devil bird. They didn't try and rip the dish out of our hands or attack us.Here's Allison with Billy and Ally feeding the pack ( herd maybe or gaggle? conglomeration?) of ferocious beasts.Typically they would take turns, but here they are just ignoring the rules of etiquette.Allison and Ally then rode off into the sunset on wild ostriches.
So that was our voyage, and the pictures which did ensue. Now that we got a new and good camera you can hope (IFA: cross your fingers tight) for more pictures and tales of the pictures. Oh and in case you were wondering our camera is a Canon Powershot sx200. (IFA: la te ta ta).

2 comments:

Amelia said...

All I have to say is: how in the world did the likes of you score a woman of Allison's caliber? Woot, girl, you are lookin' good!

And good to finally see a post from you. Glad to know y'all are still alive.

Kelsey said...

So let me get this right. You were in the bay area and didn't stop to see us AGAIN! I am very offended. . .