Tim and I have lived in San Diego for two and a half months now. It's beautiful. (I love the constant 70's, Tim wishes it would at least get cold enough to wear a jacket.) I work at Sunrise Senior Living in La Jolla. The building is three blocks from the ocean. Everyday I get a view of the ocean and get to feel that ocean breeze. We haven't had much time to actually go to the beach (we are also completely out of sunblock) which is really saddening, but we'll make up for that soon enough.
I am a Care Manager, so I am the one taking care of the residents needs from 2pm to 10pm. It's hard work, but I enjoy the residents. I work on the Alzheimer's floor, which can be challenging for many many reasons. The main reason is they forget where they are, why they are there, and who I am from time to time. But honestly, I am really enjoying what I do. I had my 90 day review yesterday and it went very very well. (Ever since I got canned last year from those two secretarial jobs without any warning, I'm always very nervous about my work performance.) I met or exceeded all expectations, and my boss Meredith said that was great because a lot of people were under the expectations. At the end of the review she said that I need to work on implementing my leadership skills...Then asked if I was planning on applying for the Lead position. Unfortunately I can't because the part time one would require me to work on Sunday, and the Full Time one would require me to work from 6am-2pm, and two days a week Tim has to be at work at 2am.
Tim is now working at JoAnns till he can find something better. He is in the fabric department at the cutting table or helping with the shipments. He does the shipments two days a week, that's when he works from 2am-10am.
We live right behind our friends, Tim and Charlotte, and a few doors down from some new friends, Rob and Kristina. Our ward is full of young couples and a lot of really good people. Tim even loves Elders Quorum. It has been so much fun, so nice, and such a blessing to be living right where we are.
Anyway, I need to get ready for work. Tim works at noon today so I take the trolley in to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks so much for working where you are right now and for enjoying the residents you work with. The caregivers at my mom's facility were so good to her. I know they made a difference in her life, even though she could not have told you their names, I know from talking to them just how much they cared for her. Thanks, Allie for serving these noble ones.
:) I like you, I'm glad to read this, even though I knew it in not so many words.
Post a Comment