I know I have A LOT to post about, like the fact that Tim can make an elephant out of towels AND paper (and that when we were at Ikea he did make a towel elephant and left it on the display shelf for other Ikea customers to enjoy). It has been very busy the past month or so. But there are three very important things that happened in the past few days so I will skip to those and hopefully get around to the other awesome things in our life that I want to tell all about.
Ok, Tim just made me a towel elephant right now. Seriously. It is sitting on the chair in front of me looking at me. Is there really anything else more awesome than that that needs blogging about?!
Maybe not, but here's the three things I did promise anyway.
1. I was promoted to Team Lead effective April 1st or 8th or something! I was asked and asked and asked about 3 months into starting to work at Sunrise, but I couldn't because a. the full time lead position was in the AM and I didn't have a ride two days out of the week at 6 am (and who really wants to be doing what I do at 6 am??) and b. the part time lead position which was a PM shift was on a Sunday. So bummer for me. We just got a new boss at the beginning of February and I thought I was going to have to work for a long time before she noticed me, pretty much start from scratch. BUUUT despite the way she talked to me, making me feel like she didn't know if I knew what I was doing, she really thinks I AM a hard worker and that I deserve it :) Little bit of an ego boost. Plus it's an itty bitty raise and anything extra is a huge help.
2. Since Tim and I have moved here, we have successfully evaded purchasing cereal. We eat it every morning but have never purchased it. Some how or another every time we see my mom we get more cereal. I'm so glad she believes in food storage and stocking up here garage. Unfortunately last night we had to break our run and buy more cereal. We wont be seeing my mom for another week IF we are able to make it up to Disneyland to see them and my brother and his wife. So, alas it came to an end. But, you know, as we were thinking about it, it has been more than seven months. We lived in Big Bear for seven months too and never had to buy cereal there. We haven't bought cereal for A YEAR AND TWO MONTHS!!! I don't know if anyone else cares, but it was pretty mind boggling to me.
3. And last but not least, I was voted by my co-workers Employee of the Month today!! I am really excited. This job is pretty much just a boost for my resume. But I really want to do a good job. After I was fired, canned, sacked, given the pink slip, asked not to return, terminated, displaced, made unemployed, discharged, let go, released from employment....whatever....from two jobs last year within two months and have only had temporary jobs since then, I am fairly insecure about my job performance and capabilities. When I first started at Sunrise, I was apologizing for everything just so that way they, hopefully, didn't get the wrong idea and follow the lead of the other two companies. Anyway, I was given employee of the month and have been here for seven months and promoted, so ideally, no cancellation of our mutually beneficiary contract will need to be done. Phew.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats Alli, that's awesome! It's always nice when your hard work pays off and somebody notices!
As for the cereal post, you make me laugh! When I read that on facebook I thought you were saying that you guys never ate cereal, now I know better! Gotta love Mom and Dad's food storage! If we weren't flying out I am sure they would load us up!
We hope to see you guys soon, take care!
Ok so I just realized that I ended every sentence with a "!" that's just a bit embarrassing...I swear I know more punctuation! (Awh crap!)
Hahaha! I do that all the time. THen I have to go back and edit it (if I notice before post it...)because I feel all weird too!
Congrats Allison!!! I'm so proud of you, I could just cry!Jk, but seriously that is awesome! You should be appreciated and recognized for all of your hardwork!
Congratulations on employee of the month & your promotion! That's so exciting! And lasting that long without buying cereal is the coolest thing I have ever heard. You guys are awesome :)
Post a Comment