Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

My morning started same as usual. Me lying there calculating how long I can stay under my fluffy down blanket while listening to Tim do who knows what in the living room. ( It's just the way it is, I think Tim sleeps in a toaster, just pops out of bed. While me on the other hand, I think I sleep in a crock pot, I don't get out of bed till I'm good and ready!) Tim came in not long after that to give me a happy birthday kiss. It's a nice way to start a day.

Unfortunately I had to follow that with cleaning up and making myself presentable. I had a job interview at 11:30. (SIDEBAR: Yea, I lost my job at the pet hospital. After four days I called in to get my schedule. She says she'll call me back. She calls me back to say thank you very much for working the past four days, but we will no longer be needing you here. After much asking all I got from her is that they "didn't feel that I fit into the team." Also that it wasn't my work attributes because I "was a good employee and will make a great employee for someone else", just not them. Oh and that my "personality didn't quite balance with the rest of the reception team." Uh, last time I checked when you're at work you're there to work not to be best friends forever...Just an observation of mine, but I could be wrong. Anyway, after four days they gave me the boot so I'm back on the job hunt which is why I'm doing more interviews. Trust me, they're not just for kicks and giggles. Anyway, so todays interview was the second interview for the same company called Executive On the Go. It's a company that helps people start up their own companies. They seem promising and they'll give me a call on Monday. I'm not excited about it but it pays more than what I'm getting now so, I'll take it if they offer. END SIDEBAR)

After the fun, exciting, festivity filled interview, Tim and I went to the mall. I happened to have some birthday money! Tim helped me pick out some cool/cute shirts so now I've got some new things to wear this spring. I also picked up a shirt that I've been eying for a while now from Target, it say "8675309" on it. Amazing. I know. I also got an alarm clock that has the choice of CD, radio, MP3/iPod, or the ever so soothing beep to wake me up. I'm hoping that waking up to music might get me out of bed faster. I'll let ya know.

After we meandered around the air conditioned mall for a while (it was 81 degrees today), we went to grab a bite to eat at the all to classy Costco. We splurged from our normal order of two polish hot dogs to a chicken bake, slice of supreme pizza, soda, and berry smoothie. Mmm. Besides the crowded hustle and bustle of Costco, it was quite yummy.

We then came home and relaxed a while, discovered that a 1000 piece puzzle that we just completed was made off the exact same die-stamp as another puzzle we have (that means that it has the same cuts), contemplated making the second puzzle on top of the first just so we know what shaped piece goes where, cleaned up a bit, and then got ready to make my birthday dinner of amazingness. (Amy, you may choose to skip this part because I'm about to rub it in again.)

This morning Tim dry rubbed a rack of ribs which we grilled out in our "atrium." They took about two hours of going out and flipping them and lathering them in lots of yummy barbque sauce many times. When we took them in, they were done just right. Mmm. Tender, juicy, tasty, and messy. Oh they were so good. Tim tried to start a reenactment of my birthday last year. You might of heard about it. It was a big frosting fight. Tim started toeing the line of seeing how many times he could poke out at my face with his gooey fingers before I retaliated. Maybe it's the extra year, but I was the stronger person and remained free of a barbque sauce fight. It's really only because I didn't want Tim to feel bad because I would have kicked his butt. (Hey Todd, if Amy read the part about the succulent tasty ribs, can I still hang out with you guys when we come out for conference? I wasn't rubbing it in at all that I had amazingly perfect ribs for dinner...I warned her not to read it.)

I also had a lot of fun birthday calls that I really enjoyed. Thanks everyone! It made me feel great. Oh, and in case the rumor gets around, I should probably set it straight. Some of you may have heard that my Dad finally got me a pony this year. I wish I could confirm this, but it's only a rumor. But you know what they say, "better luck next year."

3 comments:

Britt said...

Happy Birthday!! (ok a little late but it works right?!) sorry about the job, I hope you find something soon! Later!!

Amelia said...

Allison, learn this about me now: telling me not read something, or not to look, or not to do whatever, makes me MORE inclined to do it than if you'd told me to in the first place. So yes, I read all about your cursed ribs, and how delicious they were. But how 'bout this, we'll let you guys crash in our basement again if Tim will make me ribs while you guys are here. Hmm? Hmm? Deal? We'll even throw some extra square footage, thanks to everything we own currently being in storage. Think about it. You'll see it's an offer you can't refuse.

And can I tag along to Wingers when you tag along with the boys? Or hey, we could just go together and sit at the cool table without them.

Happy birthday, BTW.

Veridine said...

Allison,

I am glad you had a good birthday. Are you really going to be in town for conference? If you have any free time, let us know and we can treat you to dinner or something. We also got a Wii for Christmas, and no one has come over to play it yet, so you could be the first! Just let us know.