Friday, March 28, 2008

Little Update

Due to the formation of marriage muscle and the interesting dance that I'm starting to have to do in order to get into some of my clothes, Tim and I have decided to do something about it. So yesterday we ran a mile together. (I used to run two to three miles and be ok, but yesterday kicked my butt, which is sad to say.) When we got up this morning to again go running, Tim, well, we'll leave it at Tims' stomach got upset. This made it so we couldn't really go running so we went on a walk instead! It was a nice brisk walk. We ended up walking for 3 miles! It felt really really nice.

Honestly, I really do love working out. I love the way it feels and I love the way I feel after, but I am no good at motivation. Seriously I have no personal motivation. It is sad, but anyway, Tim is much better at it. Plus with the two of us, we can push each other. I only wish we had a lap pool. It is so refreshing to swim.

Also, as another update, I did get offered a job at a place called "Executive On the Go." It's a company that helps people start up their own companies. I will be a receptionist. Yay. You all know that I love heels, button ups, and a good skirt everyday. Like. I really love it. Oh, and it's minimum wage. Woohoo for 8 bucks an hour! (Yea, I know that sounds like a lot for all of you not paying rent in California.) I will start this job the day after I get back from Conference, so the 8th of April. It's 9 to 5pm. I like that because it's a steady schedule and it's not super early! Also, I will ride the bus there and back. For the bus ride there I have to walk about 3/4ths a mile which isn't bad but it will get hot here in the summer and I'll be in long sleeve businessy stuff and heels. But maybe I'll take my big purse there and hide my heels inside it and wear my awesome Converse. The bus ride back will be nicer at least. It starts right outside of my work and end pretty much right outside of my place. So, not bad.

My plan is to take this job for now, because money's important, and keep looking for something better. You know, something actually in my career field, something that might actually interest me and look good for my resume. The Bishop is going to hook me up with the High Council man who is in charge of employment. Apparently he has an in with a lot of places in the area. Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA, horay for stuffy receptionist jobs! Honestly, GOOD FOR YOU! its hard getting a job out there!

Britt said...

Congrats! I hear ya on the marriage muscle ;) luckily I got a year membership at the Rec Center over here and my work has wt. loss challenges all the time I have been able to shed off a couple lbs (almost 15lb!) since getting married which has been really nice. I have little to no motivation either but it really does feel soooo much better to get in shape and feel like your accomplishing something. Plus the walk to your bus stop will definitly help!

Stacey said...

Street Walker! Except not at all, but you know.