Tuesday, May 20, 2008


Recently Tim and I have been able to go out on a couple of dates. We haven't had the chance to go out a lot for a little while. Actually, we couldn't remember the last time we went out to dinner together.

Two Fridays ago we had an official date. The plan was for Tim to pick me up right after work and we would spend the whole evening out meandering about town. Unfortunately, since Tim's on salary...his bosses can keep him there as long as they want...Which means our long evening turned into a little shorter of an evening.

We enjoyed ourself though. We went out to T.G.I. Friday's. We decided to order an appetizer, dinner and dessert there. I don't think I've ever order all three at a restaurant before. Anyway, we had a lot of fun just relaxing, talking, and not having to clean up. After we ate we bought a couple of movies rather than going to the movies, we were too tired to stay out much longer....

The next week, which was last week, last Thursday actually, Tim called me at about 4pm telling me he was able to get off work early enough to take me to an art/animation gala. And be ready at 5pm. So I quickly showered and got dolled up.

Tim was invited by Ron Dias, the artist who did a lot of Sleeping Beauty, Secrets of Nihm, and the Disney Golden Books, among others. At the show a bunch of art work from the process of creating many cartoons was on display. We couldn't take any pictures of the art work, but we were able to take a picture with Ron Dias and his partner. I also was able to meet with the model for Tinker Bell in the Peter Pan cartoon. In case no one knows, I'm a Peter Pan fan.

We also were able to sneek a few pictures of upstairs which happened to have the sets of several new movies set up. Such as Get Smart, the new Mummy movie, Spiderwick Chronicles, the new Indiana Jones, and Iron Man! So here are a couple of pictures of the actual set of Iron Man from the beginning of the movie...

4 comments:

Ally Schulkins said...

you guys are so much cooler than us. Can you take us out on a date?

Britt said...

That looks like so much fun! And yea for pictures!!

Unknown said...

Like anyone reading this doesn't know you don't like peter pan. Psh. I like this trend... good long posts. Gives me something to read and be jealous of. ;-)

Nik English said...

that is awesome