Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Update.

Upon some written abuse we have received from some friends and family, I am now updating our frequent readers on life. Quite a bit has happened since we decided to buy tickets to a neil diamond concert. For one, the tickets came in the mail! Woot! (side note, is it really that hard to believe that I would be ok with going to a neil diamond concert? Yes, I like him. Don't get me wrong, don't play him days and days in a row. I'll get tired of listening to him, but yes, I do enjoy him and am pretty stoked to see him in concert.)

Uh, one bit of news is that I got canned. My bosses did a check on my computer to see what sites I had been on, how I spent my time, yada yada. They knew I'd be going to different sites because they knew I had down time. The problem was that I had been to my blog site while I was at work. So they had access to the site. They read some of my posts. Technically they can because it's on their computer. But you remember that post from a little while ago where I vented about work? They read it. Since they then knew I was thinking about ditching them, they thought they would take a head start and fire me first. Funny thing is, I would have at least given them a 2 week notice to find someone new, but instead they gave me the pink slip and had to cover what I did till they can find a replacement. The other funny thing is that I had been thinking about calling those other people since before I got hired there and hadn't done anything about it. Ask Tim, I probably still wouldn't have done a thing about leaving there for another several months. They could have had me there at least 6 months. Bummer for them. It's funny, because if I had known my employers were snooping I would have clarified myself a little bit more. Instead I knew my audience were friends and family and all of them would understand a bit of venting. My employers were pretty bent on the fact that I was decided on leaving ASAP.

Currently, I am fully enjoying the house-wife lifestyle. It's great. Unfortunately I need to get a job and let this time of being a house-wife turn into nothing but a memory...So sad. I have several places to look at for a new job at least. I got them from the girl who graduated in rec therapy. They could be very helpful.

I am also teaching the 10-11 year olds at church. I wasn't so keen on the idea, but they are actually a bunch of fun. They seem to like me (if I couldn't tell from the way they act, their parents have come to me telling me how much their kids like me...can't be a bad sign.)

What else? Oh yea, we have 3 season finales to some of our favorite shows at the end of this week! My Name is Earl, The Office, and Moonlight. Yes, Markay, we're kinda TV junkies too! This weekend is coming with a lot of anticipation!

2 comments:

Ally Schulkins said...

so, now that you finally have some responsibility at church, does that mean that you guys can't visit us? :(

BTW, that really sucks about them reading your blog. Dirty trick.
Also, we're caught up on Dr. Who, not season 4 though.
Also, we miss you guys. I was going to call one of you today, but I remembered at like 11:30, so it was late and I know Tim wakes up early. Bummer. Maybe tomorrie since I know you don't have anything to do (except TV).
Ta!

Britt said...

Thanks for the update! (So hopefully my work isn't reading this...but I have a lot of down time to so I love looking at blogs and catching up with everyone, good times!) I think getting a job in the field you are interested in is ideal anyways so I think maybe it's a blessing in disguise. As for the church calling that’s way cool! Hopefully Matt and I can get a fun calling in our new ward I miss having a calling  just as long as we don’t get scouts! We were the Webelos leaders for 2 years and I think that is 2 years too much (lol). Well good luck on the job hunt and remember what I said about a certain teal-colored blog that needs a little makeover j/k later!