Friday, June 20, 2008

It's Hot.

Yesterday it reached 105 degrees. Yes, I said one hundred and five degrees. Guess what, today is supposed to be 109. Triple digits guys. It's so hot I can barely think. Last night we slept with the blankets off until about 4 in the morning and then had them kicked off again by 6:30.

I'm conducting a test today. I have the living room ceiling fan pulling the air up and the bedroom ceiling fan blowing the air down. I'm hoping the living room will stay cooler because I'm making sure the hot air stays up rather than pushing it back down. Also, around noon or one I'll close all the windows and blinds in an effort to keep the increasingly hot air out. I hope it works.

I've started running again. Last time I started up, I hurt my ankle a couple weeks into it. Thus I couldn't do much on it for a week. That of course meant any habit I was building I quickly lost and wasn't so eager to pick back up again. Well, I decided to start waking up with Tim, actually half an hour after him. He wakes up at 6:30 and I wake up at 7. He leaves maybe 20 minutes after that. Since I'm up and have nothing else to do with my day, I go running just a little after he leaves. I run about a mile away from the apartment and then walk fast all the way back. Do you think that since it's already hot at 7:30 in the morning and it makes me sweat a lot that I lose weight faster? How am I gonna keep running when the nights and mornings aren't any cooler than the rest of the blazing hot day?

Sometimes I wish I was still lifeguarding so that way I could jump in the pool every 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Ally Schulkins said...

Yuck! It's really cool in SB, but we're in San Jose where it's actually summer and it's yucky. We want to go back to our coastal home in the fog, you guys are welcome :)

Britt said...

You're too funny! You would probably lose more water weight if your sweating more but hey you will get really tan! Maybe try running before the sun comes out that should help. It's been really hot over here too, I am ready for fall!

Stacey said...

It's 100 degrees here. I poured water on my head and it was completely dry 3 minutes later. This is sick.

Amelia said...

I hate summer. I get backward Seasonal Depression. The heat just makes me surly (Todd too.) I can't even imagine running in it. I think I'd rather die.

And I'm in the hurt ankle club too, so I haven't been able to do yoga lately either. It sucks! But at least I can do yoga (when my ankle heals) in the air conditioned house!