Since we did manage it, family picture time!! Yay!...Saturday evening we have someone taking pictures of the whole family along with couple shots. Of course with pictures coming up, I
became a klutz. See, right under my left eye. See it. That band aids not just to look tough! Last night I was lighting some candles with one of those gas match lighter...thingys...and spun it in my hand when I was done lighting them. Oops, it uh kinda sorta slipped out of my hands. As I fumbled to catch it, the tip of it scrapped right under my eye taking off a thin layer of skin as well as burning me a little. Now I'm taking extra care of it so I don't have an ugly scab under my eye for the pictures. (In case you're wondering what I'm looking at; I'm looking in the mirror at the reflection of the back of the camera to make sure I'm even in the picture.)This past Sunday Tim decided to get fancy and make an excellent dinner. We bought two cornish game hens a little while back because
Tim was really intrigued. Who buys those anyway? (In case you're wondering, a cornish game hen is a chicken axed between the ages of four and five weeks and under 2 pounds in cooking weight.) Saturday night he created a spice paste with lime, vegeta, lemon pepper, tarragon, and other stuff and rubbed it in between the skin and the meat, then made a dry rub very similar to that and rubbed it on the outside and we let it sit over night. Next day we grilled them on the grill we have in the community "atrium." Along with that Tim cooked a cheese pasta and sautéed fresh green beans with some left over ham and onions.He wouldn't let me help him cook, so I sat in the other room while he worked. When I wasn't looking, Tim got down our long stemmed glasses, put a Martinelli's in the fridge, and out some
candles. When dinner was ready he had me sit down as he served me my dinner. Everything was perfect and incredibly delicious! The cornish game hen was juicy and had a nice flavor, the pasta was a little heavy but really good, and the green beans, which actually turned out to be my favorite part, tasted amazing and still had some crunch to them. Mmmm, I don't know what I ate before I married Tim. It definitely was never this good.We'll be married for 10 months tomorrow. I know. I know. Precious! We try to do something nice roughly once a month. Not as a monthly celebration of our anniversary, don't worry, we're not that..uhm..cute? We don't really do date nights and Tim usually gets home between 7:30 and 8:30 every night leaving us 2-3 hours to spend together, so it's nice to do something special every now and then.
5 comments:
Nice Nelly band-aid nerd.
Do you know how lucky you are? Huh? Do ya? A husband that can cook, and DOES it! Some how I got the Thelin man that missed that gene. Actually truth be told I think he could cook if he wanted to, but unfortunately I cook too well for that, so the onus falls to me. Good thing I usually like doing it.
Any way, feel blessed. And make Tim come here and cook me something. :)
You're too funny! I hope your wound heals...isn't always right around the time you have pictures that something like that happens! I am surprised I haven't done something silly yet that left a nice mark on my face...but there are still 3 days left...I better play it safe! Can't wait for Saturday, YAY! See you SOON!
Wow... all of the DeGriselles in one house again? Is everyone staying at your parents? Where will they all sleep? Sounds interesting...
Way to go with the lighter. I'm proud of you.
Isn't Martinelli's sparkling apple juice? And isn't apple juice a yellowish color? So why is the stuff in your glass dark purple?
Jeez Sarah, you obviously don't know the wide selection of Martinelli's beverages. There is sparkling apple cider, yes, but there is also sparkling apple-grape!
Also, other comments:
1. you're a nerd
2. I want a cornish game hen
3. I love green beans
4. I love cooking good things
5. Nice touch with the candles and the nice dishes, Tim. I bet you scored enough points for a paddle ball this time!
Post a Comment