Day four of our move. We actually made it. The truck was packed and loaded at 5:30 pm with a start time of well okay so we started at nine thirty ish with a few things then loaded a few things more until 12 ish then we had lunch and the rest was added from 3 till 5:30 so I say we did pretty freaking awesome. Not to mention everyone was impressed that I was able to fit our apartment into a fourteen foot truck and still have three feet of free space. But the planets were not aligned for me to have an 8 o'clock bed time. We had dinner around 6 ish then I with a friend went to pick up the tow dolly for our car but got lost on surface streets and got back well after nine after having to get gas and such for the truck. While I was gone Allison did the important job of cleaning the apartment which I might say did a great job of it. The last things were then loaded into my car and we drove to my sisters place where we would spend the night, hooked up the car to the tow dolly and then went to sleep around midnight.
With a four thirty wake up call we were on the road by five. We got to the apartment around 11 thirty and went through the lease agreement and met up with Allison's parents, then about to enjoy lunch before the move in, when people from the ward started to show up (which was on time at 1:30) so we started to unpack the truck, we finished at three something, which I thought was great not to mention that everyone was yet again impressed with the organization and packing of the truck (what can I say when your a Thelin your taught young to pack anything into a small confined space.). So pretty much the rest of that day went like this; Allison and her mom set up the bed while her dad and I went to return the truck. We then unpacked the last odds and ends from my car and nearly passed out when we were through, But the ladies had us get up and go with them to the store to pick up some essentials like a shower curtain and milk, followed by dinner at Panda Express. (we did eat lunch after we finished moving in just to make sure you knew we didn't just go without.) We then came home and fell asleep after a nice shower promptly at nine thirty it was glorious.
Now on a not so glorious note for some reason California likes to have church at random hours of the day so we had to wake up for church starting at 8:30 in the am... so not even funny. It was fine considering we went to bed at nine thirty the day before because we woke up naturally at that time, but come on were college age kids, we enjoy the night life. Church was pretty good, the whole time I was scouting for couples we could con into being our friends, they have to be the right kind, not too old, no kids, not better looking than us, not too nerdy maybe just nerdy enough. I mean the list could go on, but I'll stop. (Billy and Ally don't worry you wont be replaced you'll still be number one, were just looking for a number two to fill in the gaps.) We came home from church saw off Allison's parents and then took a well needed nap. Not to fear though after the nap we started to set up to set up the place starting with the living room then onto the kitchen we didn't really finish the kitchen because its like a real life version of tetris, but you have have everything ready at hand for when you need it. We are still fighting for space and what to do with space and how we should set everything all up in the kitchen so if you have any opinions or such let 'em roll. To end the night we watched Ratatouille and drank chocolate and strawberry milk.
Now as for today we shall be headed to Costco for some supplies, taking care of some banking, followed by some hardcore unpacking and setting up. Oh and for those taking notice today is the 11th meaning Allison and I have now been married for six months and been through one move.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are trying to replace Suzanne and me already! My world is shattered....
At least you aren't trying to replace me. That is totally OK. :-D So how tiny is your kitchen? Smaller than mine? I recomend a spice rack mounted on the wall... you can buy one at the container store or storables for like 10 bucks. Ha Ha Ha you have to be at church in the morning... like other Christians usually do. Ha Ha Ha!
Yea the 6 month mark! Very, very fun! Well I am glad the move went to amazingly well and you guys are a little more settled. Now if we can only get some pics posted ;) things would be great! Congrats guys, it will be nice to know your a little closer! (well not that close but you know what I mean)
We are only 1 hour and 37 minutes away if you ever have time for number one!!
We have a storage closet we put junk in that doesn't fit/doesn't work in our apartment. It's not even full. If you had like, one thing. it could go there.
Post a Comment