Friday, February 8, 2008

It's Actually Here

Today is the day that Tim and I attempt to put our lives into a single fourteen foot moving truck. We've been planning on moving around this time since we got engaged and since we got married we have been talking more and more seriously about this move. But it always seemed like something that was perpetually in the future. I didn't think we'd ever catch up with the future but today we have. Actually, I still don't feel like we have.

Anyway, almost everything is packed. There's still those annoying odds and ends that seem to creep out of the corners after you finished packing that room, but that stuff will be taken care of soon enough. Right now we are taking a bit of a break and trying to regain energy. We've been up late and up early all week, last night especially. We went to bed at two and got up at 7:30. By this point now we have our moving truck, all of Tim's things from Jody's place all inside it, and most of our big furniture in the truck. A friend came over this morning and helped with that. Once he left, Tim and I decided it was time for lunch. Then Tim decided it was time for a nap; he hasn't had much sleep all week.

So around 3 we will kick this whole extravaganza back into full swing. We have several friends who are going to help us finish this place off. The plan is that Tim will be stationed in the truck and make sure it all fits inside. I will be stationed in the apartment directing traffic and letting everyone else take care of the heavy stuff...I wish. Once that's all done, or as it's getting done, the apartment will receive its final cleaning. (It is extremely unfortunate to have to clean a place so meticulously and then not even be able to stick around and enjoy it.)

After all that is said and done, I'm sending Thom and Sarah out to pick up some pizza. Hopefully we will be able to get in some time to enjoy our friends for a little bit. Good byes are not my forte. Especially the ones that go something like this, "Well, I don't know when or if I'll see you again so it was nice knowin' ya!" Yea, it's just not my thing. Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

I am really excited for this move. Everything thus far has has run fairly smoothly. We are actually far more done with this thing than I thought we were going to be by this point so my spirits are boosted. Not to mention, I am really excited for a new start. It really feels like the official kick off to Tim and my life together. This new apartment will be one that we move into together and we both chose this new location together . We also had a fairly rough time in our current ward so it will be nice to have a fresh start in a new place for that as well. Things are looking good for us and I am very happy about this next step for us.

Well, I better end this and go give Tim a kick. It's time to back to work.

1 comment:

Britt said...

hehe isn't moving so fun? NOT! I totally feel ya there, we just moved into my grandpas house and as soon as it sells we get to move out, we are psyched! Congrats on the move though, I am way excited for you too! If we get a chance to go to disneyland or something fun like that in cali we will make sure to vist you!