Anyway, our anniversary was on Monday but we mainly celebrated it over the weekend. Tim doesn't get home from work until late and he's always so tired from such a long day that neither of us thought we would have as much fun. So, with that in mind, we got a hotel in the quaint town of Calabasas about 20 minutes up the 101. We decided to get a hotel just for a change of scene. On the drive up we picked up some Panda Express (they were the skimpiest Panda on portions I have ever seen, I didn't even get full, although it was tasty.) As we settled into our room and decided to watch some of the Olympic opening ceremonies. I was only able to convince Tim to watch them because I have never ever seen any part of the Olympics at all.
The next day we went to the Historic downtown part of Calabasas which also had a farmers market going on. It was fun to stroll through and just look at everything. I wanted to take a picture of the area whereas Tim didn't see the point of a picture without us in it...then he realized he was going to look like a tourist and tried to take the shot as quick as he could...thus he's barely in the shot at all!...On second thought, I was incredibly not ready for that picture when he took it so I guess I wont be posting that. But it's not everyday you get to see this driving down the freeway in LA.
Hmm, what next. Oh yes, a quick stop at Taco Bell then to the church parking lot to change Tim's brakes. Romance was in the air, I'm telling you!After cleaning up we had some fun picking out an outfit for me for a nice dinner that evening. I tried on an array of different things when we finally found the winner, but Tim thought something was missing. He gave me a beautiful tennis bracelet. (That's the style of bracelet, it has nothing to do with the sport.) We also decided I didn't have shoes to go with my great outfit so it was off to the mall a bit early to see what we could find.
After several shoe shops we found a classic pair of black heels for 8 bucks! To top it we found that the pair of Pumas Tim has been eying for sometime now were put on sale, sold out, and no longer ordered. The other pair that he had also been eying were now on sale, also on their way out...So Tim got a pair of Pumas. I changed shoes to top the outfit and off to our nice dinner.

So I'm not quite as dolled up because we took this the next day, but you get the idea about how great I looked and how much fun we had with the outfit. See the bling on my wrist, that's the tennis bracelet Tim gave me...I really like it.
Dinner was nice. Tim ordered a fancy medium rare Rib Eye with a bacony cheesy baked potato and Strawberry Lemonade and I ordered a medium well regular steak with mashed potatoes and Pomegranate Lemonade. Tim said my drink tasted very feminine. I liked it. Overall, Tim loved his meal whereas my steak was a little over seasoned and my potatoes weren't the creamy way I like them but we still had a lot of fun.
After dinner we ran over to Target to pick up the movie Teen Wolf and Teen Wolf Too because Tim wanted them and they were 5 bucks total. While we were meandering about Tim found a jacket that intrigued him so he asked me to try it on. He really really really liked the way it looked on me! In fact, he liked it so much that he hunted down a mirror and when I was still a little skeptical he made me do the model walk in front of the mirror...in the middle of the womens department. It did look pretty good. He couldn't leave the store without that. He's so cute.
Once we made it back home, I decided that I was tired of sitting on our semi-comfortable couch to watch movies and wanted to watch Tims movie on our more than comfortable bed. We don't have a TV in the bedroom. What was the solution, we dragged the mattress out to the living room of course!
That pretty much wrapped up our anniversary festivities. Oh, except on Monday for dinner we did have what he had made for me the first time he cooked for me, Sticky Teriyaki Wings and rice except we made it with drumsticks and thighs this time. Mmmm, it was so good!
Oh yea, and Tim left me a really nice/funny card inside the laptop for me to find when I opened it. Of course he left it in his laptop because I've been using that more often but on Monday for some reason I decided to use mine...He finally sent me a text asking me to check something on his computer in order to make sure I would open his computer at all! And just so everyone knows, as is most important, the card had a couple and of course the guy looked a lot like Tim. Probably the most important feature of a good anniversary card for Tim was that the guy looked like him...
Now THAT sums it up.
4 comments:
how cute!!!
Oh yeah, and here's why there's no "the" in front of the freeways:
Let's use a different example. If I say "I'm going to take the boy to the store," that's fine. Boy is a noun, but not a proper one. Now, if the boy is named David, we don't use "the" because the boy now has a name (proper noun). I'm going to take David to the store.
Likewise, I can say I'm taking the freeway to the store. Now, if we name the freeway "101," then it becomes like a proper noun. Now we say "I'm going to take 101 to the store."
You're basically saying I'm going to take the David. What's the deal.
You're too funny Allie! Happy Anniversary guys! For us the first year wasn't bad at all...so likewise if they say the first year is the worse then we are in for a treat! Matt and I just realized that on the 10th of this month was the 3-yr anniversary of our first date! That's too crazy to think about! We went to the resturant (good old Red Robin) that we went to on our first date and then saw a movie (also what we did on our first date). We try to do that every year as our own little tradition. But ya I'm so glad you guys had a blast, it's always good to get-a-way and have a pretty amazing reason to celebrate!
Everyone always says the first year is the hardest, but I thought the first year was the best! Congrats!
Psh... cheater. Posting the same blog in two spots. I'm pretty sure thats a blogging sin somewhere.
Post a Comment