Okay well I talked about the Apple Burger in my last post but I made it again yesterday when our friends came over but I mixed it up a bit. The resulting Apple Burger was insanely delicious. I figured I should post the recipe and have you all benefit from it.
For every pound of ground beef you use you need a medium sized apple. Let the meat thaw (so your not working with frozen chunks its not fun.) Peel, quarter and core the apple, then slice into small chunks about 1/8"X1/2"X1/4". Soak the apple in a bowl with some lemon juice, water, cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. While the apple is soaking mix these ingredients with the thawed meat:
1 egg per pound of ground beef.
A good couple of tosses of bread crumbs.
Coarse ground black pepper (be generous unless you usually over spice things then just go with your gut.)
Salt (Same rule as with the pepper.)
A dash of onion powder.
1 Tablespoon of dark brown sugar to every pound of ground beef.
A small dash of cinnamon (Don't get carried away with this.)
A moderate toss of nutmeg.
A small dash of ground ginger.
Now add the apples to the meat mixture and blend well. Next form patties that are about half an inch think to three quarters of an inch think and separate by wax paper squares. Now I cook these on a grill to give them the best flavor they can get, about three minutes on each side with the grill shut and on medium high heat should cook these to perfection. If you like Apple brauts you will love the Apple Burger, and let me know how it goes.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tim- I just have to say than an apple burger doesn't sound very appetizing to me- but then neither did avocado egg rolls and now they are my favorite thing ever! (They are at Cheescake Factory and they are awesome! There isn't a Cheescake Factory here and of course one opened up in Utah right after we moved! I'm still PO'd about that) So I'm going to be adventurous and try the recipe and test it on my family. I won't tell them what's in it and see what they think. I'll let you know the results. My kids are pretty picky eaters. Oh- and good luck with all your interviews :)
Post a Comment