During my lunch break I read. I leave my book in my drawer at work, so I only read it here. Right now I am reading "The Winter of Our Discontent," by John Steinbeck, recommended to me by my dad. I found a line in there today that sums up the blog I posted earlier today.
"There's something desirable about anything you're used to as opposed to something you're not." (Pg. 123)
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen Sista!
Steinbeck: great author. Well, thats my opinion. But your dad agrees too, so how can you argue with that?
That quote perfectly explains why an incumbent (the person that already holds the office) will win an election, people will vote for the known.
So have fun with the job situation, I know how you feel. My situation is a great example. I'm guaranteed (well like 99%) a full time job when Carol leaves. I'm hoping it happens this month. But if it doesn't I'll probably start looking for another job. She'll leave eventually, I just don't want to/can't afford to wait forever. So I'm keeping my eyes open...
Its like i've turned you blog into my own mini blog! yay!
Hi Tim!
So true. We know what we like, and we like what we know. Do you read a lot? Are you on Goodreads.com? You should join, then we can be friends and share book reviews.
I don't post that often because I have absolutely nothing interesting thing to say!
Post a Comment