Monday, April 21, 2008

Baby Watch!

Well, baby watch was over before I could even get it started I guess, but here is all the info I've got!

So Thom and Sarah's little girl was due on the 18th of April. Yesterday, Sunday the 20th, Sarah started getting contractions around 10am. They were about 20-30 minutes apart and not so bad. Around 3:00 she started getting them every 5 minutes. They were getting worse at this point, but she was doing ok. Her mom and dad were there and Thom was too. At 8:30pm, they admitted her to the hospital. She was already dialated to a 6! After 10pm her water finally broke. Since something cahnged, the doctor came in to see how far she had dialated and found the babys head was already crowning! 5-10 minutes later of pushing and there she was, little Leona Ellen DeGriselles. 8 pounds 13 ounces. Born at 10:30 pm on April 20th 2008.

I am so glad for them, and especially for Sarah that her labor was so much better this time around. When she had Luke, she was 2 weeks late and had to be induced. There was really no more room in her belly for the baby. She was admitted at 9pm, they broke her water for her at 5am in hope that it would do something. That afternoon her contractions were really bad so she got the epideral (she didnt even need the epidural this time, but she's really good with pain). When they gave her the epideral, it pretty much halted all progress she had been making and she didnt have luke till 2:30 (somewhere around there) in the morning. And that was after 2 hours of pushing. A 27 hours labor. And I would be a trusted source on this. I was there in the delivery room with her, Thom, and her mom helping with everything.

So this birth was far better and I'm sure it was less traumatizing for everyone! Thom called me last night, under threat that he better, to give me little details. He SAID that he would email me pictures, but I have yet to see any. When I get those, I'll post again.

2 comments:

Britt said...

Yea! I can't wait to see some pictures of our little niece!! :)

Britt said...

I was the first one to post a pic of Leona, rock on!! hehe